Heia! My name is Vanessa and I'm a 25 year old German who moved to the Arctic in 2014. Snow in Tromso is where I share my life and travels in Scandinavia, the Arctic and beyond.
About Snow in tromso
Snow in Tromso is a travel and expat blog focussing on Northern Europe.
I mainly share my life in Norway here, writing observations about Norwegian culture and providing tips and advice for future expats and travellers to the country. I also share my travels in Sweden, Denmark, Iceland and Greenland on this space - manchmal auch auf Deutsch!
What others say
Fun Facts about me
Now this is for the secret stalker in you:
- My boyfriend Simon is half-Norwegian and half-Swedish and comes from a reindeer herding Sami family. We switch between speaking Norwegian, English and German every day.
- I graduated with a degree in Northern and Indigenous Studies from the Arctic University of Norway in 2016 and now work as a digital marketing consultant.
- I overcame my fear of flying on a tiny plane crossing the North Atlantic between Iceland and Greenland and was afraid of dying on the ice cap before going on that trip...
- I wrote my MPhil thesis on Inuit culture in museums and art institutions
- My favourite Nordic country is Greenland and my favourite Nordic city is Copenhagen