Heia! My name is Vanessa and I'm a 25 year old German who moved to the Arctic in 2014. Snow in Tromso is where I share my life and travels in Scandinavia, the Arctic and beyond.
About Snow in tromso
Snow in Tromso is a travel and lifestyle blog focussing on Northern Europe.
I mainly share my life in Norway here, writing observations about Norwegian culture, sharing Nordic recipes, and providing tips and advice for future expats and travellers to the country. I also share my travels in Sweden, Denmark, Iceland and Greenland on this space - manchmal auch auf Deutsch!
What others say
Fun Facts about me
- My boyfriend Simon is half-Norwegian and half-Swedish and comes from a reindeer herding Sami family. We switch between speaking Norwegian, English and German every day.
- I hold a BA in English Literature, Culture and Media, as well as Northern Studies and Social Science. I also graduated UiT - The Arctic University of Norway with an MPhil in Indigenous Studies in 2016.
- I'm currently working in digital marketing
- I overcame my fear of flying on a tiny plane crossing the North Atlantic between Iceland and Greenland and was afraid of dying on the ice cap before going on that trip...
- I wrote my MPhil thesis on Inuit culture in museums and art institutions
- My favourite Nordic country is Greenland and my favourite Nordic city is Copenhagen
- My favourite season in the Arctic is late winter/early spring when the sun is back for good